St. Clare of Assisi Parish,
St. Victor Church
1760 14th St
Monroe, WI 53566
Founded in 1860
The first mission from which St. Victor Church grew, was established in the late 1930s. In 1860, a 40x90' church was erected on the corner of 14th St & 20th Ave in Monroe, WI and Father Sullivan was named St. Victor's first priest.
A terrible fire destroyed the original church building in 1891, and the current church held its first Mass in 1893.
In 1918, the German-speaking parish of St. Mary's in Monroe was joined with St. Victor when their Priest, Fr. Rohr passed on.
In 2011, St. Victor C hurch joined with St. Rose of Lima Parish in Brodhead, WI to form St. Clare of Assisi Parish.
Under the leadership of Msgr. Larry Bakke, in 2018 the Parish built a 12,000sq. ft addition onto the original church with the vision of creating a church that was accessible to anyone, creating new entrances that didn't require climbing the front steps to enter.
An entire history of the parish will be provided here soon.
St. Victor School
1416 20th AVe
Monroe, WI 53566
Founded in 1916
For more information on our school, click here.
St. Rose of Lima Church
1005 W 2nd Ave
Brodhead, WI 53520
Founded in 1868
The First Masses held in Brodhead were to serve railroad employees in 1857. By 1868, the residents of Brodhead had welcomed their first priest and had purchased a school house to serve as their first church.
The church was named St. Rose because the first child baptized there was a girl named Rose.
In 1883, the parish was incorporated under the Diocese of Madison and officially became St. Rose of Lima Parish.
The existing church building was built by the parish in 1941; the rectory was added in 1950.
In 2011, St. Rose of Lima Parish split its Brodhead and Albany (St. Patrick's) locations and Brodhead joined St. Victor Parish in Monroe to become St. Clare of Assisi Parish.